By enrolling in OPEPO, each student commits to:
- Setting goals acceptable to the student, parents, and teachers.
- Self-evaluating to track the student’s progress toward set goals.
- Sharing information and knowledge with other students.
- Taking responsibility for student’s own learning.
- Respecting others, their differences, and their right to learn in a safe and caring environment.
- Caring for materials, equipment, and the classroom.
- Serving the school in some way — contributing something that makes OPEPO better (i.e. finding a job that needs doing and doing it, school recycling, etc.)
We hope to nurture a special bond between students that begins to develop in their “tribes” and of course within general classroom activities.